In this episode of the Tend Her Wild podcast, Betsy and Kate discuss the deep world of hypnosis. Hypnosis is often misunderstood and misrepresented in popular culture, but it is a well researched form of deep healing that can be transformative. They also share their personal experiences with hypnosis and the benefits they’ve observed in themselves and clients. The episode ends with Dr Betsy (who has been trained in clinical hypnosis and has been using it for 20 years in her practice) leading a mini-hypnosis session.
Today we discuss:
- What hypnosis is… a well researched, empirically supported technique that supports long term healing. Hypnosis is when you go into a trance state of deep relaxation in the body. When we’re deeply relaxed our minds open and we become very open to suggestion.
- How normal and regular occurring trance states really are, which is why most people do not believe they have been hypnotized when in fact, they have.
- Betsy’s self hypnosis during the birth of her three children and the positive effect it had on her experience
- Kate’s use of self hypnosis before surgery and the effects it had on her recovery
- The inside scoop behind typical “prom party” hypnosis experiences.
- At 35:00 minutes, Betsy guides us through a “best self” hypnosis session (NOTE: DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS PART WHILE DRIVING).
All About Clinical Hypnosis – https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/treatments/22676-hypnosis
American Society of Clinical Hypnosis – https://www.asch.net/aws/ASCH/pt/sp/home_page
Society for Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis – https://www.sceh.us
Today’s episode sponsored by:
Kate Moreland coaching: http://www.katemorelandcoaching.com
Heartland Yoga: http://www.heartlandyoga.com
Dr Yoga Momma: www.dryogamomma.com
Join Betsy at Ballymaloe House, Ireland
September 24-30, 2023