Join us today as we interview Dr Stacey Shelby, an author, speaker and depth psychotherapist. This deep conversation about understanding the wild woman archetype and how it shows up in modern western culture.
Today we discuss:
- Dr. Stacey’s early years and her vivid imagination and connection to nature.
- How the wild woman archetype is socialized out of us form the very beginning in western culture.
- The effect of adolescent girls not receiving enough mirroring because adult women and mothers are still “finding themselves”.
- How a mid-life crisis or awakening leads to a desire to be liberated and freed.
- How patriarchy affects both men and women and how men often seem more lost than we are because there are so disconnected to their emotions.
- That the wild woman archetype is not about divisiveness, but rather about unity.
- How female sexuality is such a powerful force and so we often repress it. How claiming our sexuality can be awkward because we don’t know how to wield our Aphrodite energy and power.
Stacey Shelby, Ph.D., is an author, speaker and depth psychotherapist. She is also a Registered Clinical Counselor (RCC) in Canada, a certified clinical dream tender, and she has studied in folk and yoga traditions. She holds a masters and Ph.D. in Depth Psychology with a specialization in Jungian and Archetypal Studies.
Dr. Shelby has a thriving clinical practice over Zoom, where she works with adults in various stages of personal transformation. She is gifted at working with the symbolic language of the soul and she is dedicated to honoring the soul as it presents in the lived experience of daily life.
Books by Dr. Shelby:
If you want to join TEND HER 3.0: Resilience (a grant funded program Betsy and Kate are doing):
To come on a Re-wilding Retreat in Costa Rica with Betsy and Kate:
Episode Sponsored by Revival In Downtown Iowa City
Use code TENDHER23 for 15% off