Today we are thrilled to talk with Michaela Boehm, the creator of The Non-Linear Movement Method and author of the “Wild Woman’s Way”. She is a speaker, teacher, intimacy expert and counselor and appears on Gweneth Paltrow’s newest Netflix show “Sex, Love and Goop.”
“The wild woman is essentially the representation of us as a natural being in the natural world in the way that we can express when nothing is required of us other than our natural joy and connection.” —Michaela Boehm
Today we discuss:
- Michaela’s fortunate “natural” upbringing in rural Austria with a strong and open family, and how she found her connection to nature early.
- How at 12 years old Michaela made the decision to become a witch, which led to learning about herbs, herb lore and how early mentors blessed Mikaela’s curiosity with knowledge of nature and healing.
- The idea that everything is sacred, even the ordinary.
- MIchaela’s depiction of the wild woman archetype, a reflection of the human experience which existed as stories, folklore, epics and how it represents the connection we all have to nature and it’s cycles.
- How re-wilding is about re-connecting over and over to our true nature and purpose.-The plight of the modern woman. How navigating the speed of the modern world can be challenging and we can’t have it all, at least not all at once, but balance between “being” and “doing” is the answer.
- How non-Linear Movement Method, a non-forceful, gentle, energetic practice to identify and help release contractions in the body, is available to anyone.
- How in order to attain true homeostasis, we need sympathetic and parasympathetic systems working together to help regulate each other.
- The fact is, it IS the simple things that matter, and we all have the birth rite of movement.
- How structure and systems actually create freedom to allow flow which helps create an integrated system of “masculine” and “feminine” energies.
Michaela Boehm travels and teaches internationally as an expert in intimacy, relationship and sexuality. A gifted speaker and counselor, her unique body of work centers around the intersection of intimacy and embodiment. With an extensive (30,000 plus hours) in-person counseling background, clinical experience in trauma and addiction and innovative somatic approach, her work with celebrity couples has been featured in international print publications, TV programs and online talk shows. Most recently her work is featured in the 6-part Netflix Show “Sex, Love & goop” , which she co-hosted with Gwyneth Paltrow, and Will Smith’s bestselling memoir ‘Will’. Michaela is the creator of The Non-Linear Movement Method®, a somatic release modality which utilizes principles of trauma therapy, polyvagal theory and movement for nervous system regulation. Her book “The Wild Woman’s Way” was published by Simon & Schuster/Atria in August 2018.
If you like this episode, check out previous similar episodes:
Today’s episode sponsored by:
Use Promo Code TENDHER23 for 15% off
Work with Betsy & Kate In Person:
Tend Her 3.0: A 4-week Online Course on Resilience
Join us for a week of yoga, meditation, connection, healing, and transformation in Nosara, Costa Rica at the beautiful Blue Spirit Retreat Center, May 11-18, 2024.