In this episode, we discuss the concept of gratitude and its role in our daily lives. We touch on the benefits of gratitude, such as increased happiness and improved relationships, as well as the concept of toxic positivity and the potential downsides of gratitude. We bring awareness to the need for balance and authenticity in practicing gratitude.
In this episode we discuss:
- The importance of gratitude and how it is one of the pillars of happiness.
- Despite the apparent positives of gratitude, there are some negative aspects which include oversimplification, guilt, a lack of truth, and toxic positivity.
- The 3 to 1 positivity ratio, and why we need this to overcome our brain’s natural tendency toward negativity.
- The truth of gratitude journaling – tracking gratitude once a week is actually more beneficial than tracking three times a week.
- The challenge to reach out to a personal champion in your life and express gratitude.
Books mentioned today:
Other Episode’s Similar to This You Might Like:
Today’s episode sponsored by:
Work with Betsy and Kate in Person on Retreat:
For sponsorship opportunities or to partner with us: